Chapter Update: May 10 2017
- Know any innovators between the ages of 13-25 who are passionate about using the Internet to make a difference? The Internet Society is accepting nominations for the 25 Under 25 leadership development program in Los Angeles! Nominations close May 31!
- Mounting concerns over the impact of globalization, rising social and cultural divisions, and the spread of false or misleading information online all raise an uncomfortable, pressing question: How does the Internet Affect Societies? Tune into an exciting discussion hosted by the Internet Society in London on May 11 (livestream).
- We are kicking off our Slack channel for the Chapter! Help us start the conversation here.
- Digital Inclusion Week (DIW) is a citywide initiative spearheaded by the San Francisco Public Library (SFPL) from May 8-13. The goal of the program is to promote online access and technology skill-building. Participate to reduce digital disparities in our communities! Agenda can be found on the SFPL website.
- Only a few weeks until we head to IEEE Women in Engineering International Leadership Conference on our home turf in San Jose, CA! Join more than 1500 women in tech to network and celebrate innovation on May 22-23! Use the code WIE17DISCOUNT15 for 15% off your event registration!