Here is this month’s Chapter Update:
- Thanks to all those who completed the 2016 Chapter Member Survey. Two lucky winners, Bill and Vinny, received their Amazon gift cards. The responses will help us to better position the Chapter’s activities and focus. You can find the results of the survey online here.
IANA Oversight Transition
- On behalf of the Chapter, Chair and President Leah Symekher signed a letter alongside many other Civil Society organizations and ISOC Chapters confirming support for the transition of the oversight of the IANA functions to the private sector.
- A congressional hearing entitled Protecting Internet Freedom: Implications of Ending U.S. Oversight of the Internet took place on Wednesday, September 14. Senator Ted Cruz called on Larry Strickling, Assistant Secretary for Communications and Information and Administrator, National Telecommunications and Information Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, and Goran Marby, CEO ICANN, to give evidence.
- The Chapter’s Board ISOC Global Jean-Jaques Subrenat has published this interesting article in CircleID on the IANA Oversight transition.
Upcoming Industry Events:
- We’re striving to keep our events calendar updated with local industry events and meetups that may be of interest to Chapter members in the SF-Bay area, as well as national and global events that may be attended remotely. If you are organizing or attending an event that you feel may be relevant and want to add it to our calendar, please contact us.