Over 35 people attended the Chapter’s recent event, “Blaming Technology” with acclaimed IP attorney Andrew Bridges. Hosted by Fenwick & West LLC in its San Francisco offices, Andrew and the audience debated topics including fake news and online moderation, algorithm transparency and algorithm responsibility, the Rule of Law: regulating behavior or technology, intellectual property/”piracy” as a product liability/negligence concept and the policy battles facing technology and online platform providers. Thanks to all those who came out on a sunny Monday evening and to Andrew and his team for hosting. A full report will be available on the website soon. Videos from the evening are available here.
Comments are closed.
Talk To Us:
- [TECH POLICY WEBINAR] “Ask the ACLU” with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Technology and Civil Liberties Director Nicole A. Ozer – Monday, August 16th
- [WEBINAR] The Role of Technical Standards in Enabling the Future – Monday, June 14
- [VIDEO] “Google v. Oracle: New Supreme Court Precedent on Fair Use of Software Code” Monday, June 7
- [VIDEO] Artificial Intelligence Webinar May 3, with Dr. Mark Nitzberg of UC Berkeley’s Center for Human-Compatible AI
- [VIDEO] “The Internet in Everything” Webinar April 5, with Dr. Laura DeNardis of American University’s School of Communication