Over 35 people attended the Chapter’s recent event, “Blaming Technology” with acclaimed IP attorney Andrew Bridges. Hosted by Fenwick & West LLC in its San Francisco offices, Andrew and the audience debated topics including fake news and online moderation, algorithm transparency and algorithm responsibility, the Rule of Law: regulating behavior or technology, intellectual property/”piracy” as a product liability/negligence concept and the policy battles facing technology and online platform providers. Thanks to all those who came out on a sunny Monday evening and to Andrew and his team for hosting. A full report will be available on the website soon. Videos from the evening are available here.
Comments are closed.
Talk To Us:
- Prevent the Internet from Becoming the “Splinternet”
- Announcing Monthly Encryption Trainings
- “Florida’s Attempt to Regulate Online Speech and Social Media Platforms: NetChoice, CCIA v. Moody” Tech Policy Webinar – Monday, November 1
- “The Hacking Statute Supreme Court Ruling” CFAA v Van Buren – Tech Policy Webinar – Monday, September 13
- [TECH POLICY WEBINAR] “Ask the ACLU” with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Technology and Civil Liberties Director Nicole A. Ozer – Monday, August 16th