The ISOC SF-Bay Area Chapter Internet Governance Working Group is offering a volunteer fellowship position to a graduate/postdoctoral student who has interest in Internet governance issues, including technical, legal, economic, social and human rights aspects.
The fellowship will be for a one year appointment beginning in September 1, 2017.
Fellows can expect the following responsibilities, tasks, and experiences:
- Gain firsthand experience and specialized knowledge in internet governance
- Be mentored and trained by the chair of the ISOC IG WG
- Research, write, and edit policy briefs and white papers
- Prepare external and internal outreach materials and blog posts
- Help organize meetings, workshops, and symposia
- Meet and network with leading experts in the field of internet governance through participation in meetings, workshops, and symposia
Deadline for application is August 18, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT.
- Cover Letter detailing research interests and experience in internet governance
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample (e.g., blog post, research article, white paper)
Please email Dr. Brandie Nonnecke the above application materials by 11:59 pm PT August 18, 2017. Please include the following in the subject line: ISOC SF-Bay Area IG WG Fellowship Application.