We’re hosting our annual board elections next month and are opening the call for applications! There are up to 5 seats open, with several current board members running and room for several new faces.
Applications can be submitted here by Oct 15th 2022.
Call for Applications
The Internet Society engages in a wide range of Internet issues, including policy, governance, technology, and development, and has more than 110 Chapters around the world. The San Francisco Bay Area Internet Society Chapter focuses on Internet access issues, diversity, and digital inclusion in California. We are a non-profit, registered in California with a regional Board of Directors and 1070+ members.
As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) entity with a working board, the SF Bay Area ISOC Chapter’s work is funded entirely by donations, sponsorships and grants and we rely on volunteers to carry out our day-to-day activities.
Our mission is simple: The Internet is for Everyone.
The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is no longer accepting applications for the upcoming 2023-2025 term. Thank you to everyone who applied. To give time for the final few interviews, we have slightly modified our election timeline:
Updated timeline (as of 10/20/22):
- Sep 25: Launch call for applications.
- Sep 25 – Oct 15: Receive, vet, accept or reject applications on a rolling basis.
- October 15: Deadline for applications.
Oct 20: Launch voting-> Oct 22: Launch voting Oct 20 – Oct 27: Vote confirmation period.-> Oct 22 – Oct 29: Vote confirmation period. Oct 27: Vote confirmation period ends.-> Oct 29: Vote confirmation period ends. Oct 27-29: Vote tally-> Oct 29-31: Vote tally Oct 29: Results announced-> Oct 31: Results announced
- Member of the Board / Member Engagement & Outreach Chair: Plan and curate outreach and engagement events, meetups and conferences that may be of interest to the Chapter members.
- Member of the Board / Projects Chair: Define our projects roadmap, seek project partnerships, apply for grants from ISOC Foundation and various organizations and oversee the execution of the projects until completion.
- Member of the Board / Communication Chair: Assure strategic communications with the Chapter’s stakeholders via newsletter, website, social media, etc. and manage our branding / marketing.
- Member of the Board / Industry and Academic Chair: Establish relations / collaboration, secure sponsorships, corporate memberships and establish multi-year partnerships with local academic institutions and corporations.
- Member of the Board / Finance Chair: Responsible for the chapter’s financial health and reporting, minimum 3 years experience in finance/accounting/bookkeeping is required.
- Jessica Dickinson Goodman
- Tanya Kobyluk
- Eve Edelson
- Leah Symekher
- Louie Lee