Elections 2017: Open Board Positions
The Internet Society engages in a wide range of Internet issues, including policy, governance, technology, and development, and has 132 Chapters around the world. With over 2,000 members, the San Francisco Bay Area Internet Society Chapter focuses on Internet access issues, diversity, and digital inclusion in California.
As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) entity, the SF Bay Area ISOC Chapter’s work is funded entirely by donations, sponsorships and grants and we rely on volunteers to carry out our day-to-day activities. We are now accepting applications for the upcoming 2018-2020 term of SF Bay ISOC’s Board. Apply now to join a team of dedicated professionals like yourself, all committed to the common goal of bridging the digital divide – and expanding their network while doing so!
Our mission is simple: The Internet is for Everyone.
(Applications are due Thursday, Nov 23 by 11:59 PM PDT. Please email any questions to email@example.com)
Member of the Board/Director of Events
Plan and curate events, meetups and conferences that may be of interest to the Chapter members.
Member of the Board/Director of Youth Engagement
Outreach and engagement with the youth, students and the Internet/tech leaders of tomorrow.
Member of the Board/Director of Fundraising
Secure sponsorships, corporate memberships and establish multi-year partnerships with local corporations.
Member of the Board
Tell us what you bring to the table!
Treasurer/Director of Finance
Responsible for the nonprofit’s financial health, minimum 3 years experience in finance/accounting/bookkeeping is required.
Responsibilities [ALL POSITIONS]:
The San Francisco Bay Area Internet Society Chapter’s Board Members work closely with the rest of the team in order to promote the Chapter’s mission and goals. Aside from a Board Member’s specific area of expertise and focus, Board Members contribute to Board and Chapter projects, work on Board and Chapter development and serve on Board committees as necessary.
Required Qualifications [ALL POSITIONS]:
- Must be a member of the SF Bay Area ISOC Chapter – it’s free to join.
- Passionate about the open Internet, online freedoms, and access for all.
- Commit to serve for an initial two year term.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Please note there is NO financial or fundraising commitment for Board members.
Preferred Qualifications [ALL POSITIONS]:
- Previous nonprofit board experience OR
- Knowledge of Internet technologies, networking, IoT, standards development, Internet governance, ICANN, the Internet Society, IETF, IAB or the domain name system would be advantageous OR
- Extensive network within Bay Area/Silicon Valley tech companies for collaboration purposes.
Find out more about the Election Process here.