SF-Bay ISOC has undertaken to “revitalize” the InterPlanetary Special Interest Group (IPNSIG). We have been engaged with Vint Cerf, Adrian Hooke (JPL/NASA) and other global IPN experts since August of 2011. Our objectives include:
1. Revitalize the management of IPNSIG.
- Completed. IPNSIG has a new management team which includes:
- Vint Cerf, Chairperson
- Konstantin Kalaitzidis Vice-chair (Board member, SF-Bay ISOC)
- Mike Snell Secretary/Treasurer (Secretary, SF-Bay ISOC)
2. Refresh the IPNSIG website (which had been moribund for eight years)
- Completed. Check out www.ipnsig.org, which was redesigned and is maintained by SF-Bay ISOC.
3. Drive the development and adoption of Delay & Disruption Tolerant Networking (DTN).
- In progress. See our update regarding our ongoing partnership with Campus Party.